Does acetaminophen and avinza cause increased creatinine and BUN levels?
User rating for this question
Hi - I just had my blood checked for kidney and liver function because I'm on meds for a chronic back injury. My creatinine level is 1.17 and BUN level is 12. Should I be concerned, and how can I lower it? My meds have 325 of acetaminophen per tablet (I take 3 daily at different times). I'm also taking 30mg avinza (lowest dose on Nice a day) and antidepressant med. Are these causing the higher level? I would have a very difficult time functioning daily without the meds. Are there any that would be less harmful or are these amounts even an issue? Thank you!
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. This medicines in regular dosages should not affect kidneys. Your creatinine level is only slightly elevated. BUN is fine. Such creatinine level can appear if you XXXXXXX been drinking much recently and usually does not indicate any kidneys issues. To make it lower, please increase mineral water intake so you will be urinating more often. After few days of such diet you can check it again. If it will be still elevated or will be rising, please consult nephrologist. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Can alcohol abort a 1 month baby
- Skin rash after abortion
- What causes to increase creatinine level
- Can ampiclox induce abortion in early pregnancy
- Increased creatinine level causes
- Symptoms of Increased creatinine level
- Creatinine level over 200
- Urine creatinine level over 200
- Does acetaminophen and avinza cause increased creatinine and bun levels
- Kidney urgent require 2011
- Can loestrin 24 cause kidney stones
- Can ampiclox abort pregnancy
- Taxim o 200 for high tlc
- Can ampiclox abort 2 month pregnancy
- Diagnosis of Increased creatinine level