Does a negative HPT result indicate that i am not pregnant?

I am undergoing IVF. I had a Frozen Embryo Transfer about 5 days ago. This is a second attempt at preganacy for me. I underwent IVF a few years ago and had my son as a result. I was placed on pregnly by my clinc and they advised not to do a pregnancy test until my blood test on 17th and that it would probably come out positive cause of the pregnly. I did a HTP earlier and it came out as negative. Does this mean I'm not preganant? Is it too early to tell? Shouldnt the pregnly be in my system?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Too early to be disappointed. Lets wait for the 17 Detailed Answer: Good day Miss Helen! Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your issue of pregnancy. Miss XXXXXXX as IVF has been done 5 days ago and you have been put of pregnyl ( a chrionic gonadotropin which is ovulation stimulator) and you have been advised to wait for 17th of the month. And today is 12. SO yes it is too early to deduce. Pregnyl has initial half life of 11 hours and terminal half life of 23 hours and it excretes in urine. So do as directed. You need nothing to worry about . Your only concern should be to get pregnant and that has still time to come out after 17th of this month. So stop worrying and do as directed by your fertility consultants.Rest you should know that every procedure has its failure rates but try try again is what they say. You will have a baby soon. Take good care of your son and yourself and get impregnated soon. Dont forget to close the discussion please. Regards Khan