Does Pros-terol supplement impact the iron level?

Question
MY IRON HAS DROPPED TO 118 FROM130.....FOR I MONTH BEFORE MY TST I WAS TAKING A PROSRATE SUPPLEMENT CALLED PROS-TEROL....WOULD THIS AFFECT MY IRON READING...THANKS ..NICK.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Iron (ferritin) is within normal range... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. You are worried because the ferritin (iron) levels dropped from 130 to 118. Please bare in mind that the normal range for ferritin is between 12 and up to 300 for males. So, there is nothing to be worried about as your iron (ferritin) level is within the normal range. Such variations in ferritin levels are acceptable from one measurement to another. With regards to Pros-terol supplement you are taking, to my knowledge, it contains vitamins and minerals and herbal extracts for a healthy prostate. No effect on iron levels is reported from this supplement so far. At the end, your iron levels are within the normal range, there is nothing to be worried about. Dr.Albana