Does Kidney stone effect blood pressure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2013
Sep 2013

Question
I have 32mm size stone in Right Kidney ,does it effect blood pressure
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Renal stone & hypertension. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. Directly 32 mm size stone don't lead to developing any hypertension. But if renal tissues damaged by stone than it may develop high blood pressure known as parenchymal renal hyper tension or renovascular hypertension. Since you are having high blood pressure and taking antihypertensive medicine so you are prone to develop kidney damage at this age of 59 years. At the age of 59 years, renal stone with high blood pressure is concerning. You need to be investigated further with ultrasound and M R I to isolate the case ( of kidney). I would recommend you visit a nephrologist at the earliest & sort this problem out. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will help. Good luck. Dr. HET