Does Durogesics patches lead to side effects like memory loss, stinging pain on soles , feeling dull?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi. My name is XXXXXXX been wearing Durogesics 100 and also 25 patches together for 6 years aprox. for lower back operations,this has turned into chronic arthritis . I receiving memory loss. Tongue, lips and mouth massive stinging with numbness.Mouth is very dry can't stop drinking. Unbearable stinging pain on soles of feet. Generally feeling dull and no energy. I have seen numerous doctors without results. This is why i'm writing to you,to find out if it may be the morphine patches. Or if their is another answer rather than patches. Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible side effects of wearing Duragesic patches Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. With such presentations in my clinic, I would first rule out the side effects of Duragesic 100 patches. This is an opioid drug containing Fentanyl as the active ingredient. Dry mouth at the point of can't stop drinking and feeling dull and no energy are among side effects of long-term use of Duragesic 100 patches. I suggest to discuss further with your doctor to stop wearing Duragesic patches for a while until improvement. Meanwhile, your doctor will prescribe other alternatives suitable to your case. Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha