Does DS Bactrim cause occasional burning while voiding?

Is it common to have occasional burning while voiding during a second long course of DS Bactrim. I am 7 days into a second 10 day therapy. I dose two times daily.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: occasional no worry.continue drug Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. DS Bactrim is prescribed usually for UTI or for GI infections. Occossional burning micturition during treatment should not be worried. As this may occur due to passing of stones or due to inflammatory reactions.While taking this drug you need to take plenty of water. Even in mucosal injury due to passing of stones which you haven't noticed can cause burning pain during micturition. If this is persistant and severe with other associated symptoms then need to check if there is any other problem like fungal infection or other pelvic infections. For this you require pelvic examination from your doctor once. so for now since you don't have any other symptoms no need to worry and continue treatment. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards