Does Arimidex cause elevated ANA?

I have been on arimidex/anastrozole for 3 years now. After having a bad rash last November, I had a blood test that showed elevated ANA. I have had joint pain and other side effects since starting the arimidex. The rash is gone but doctor wants to investigate the elevated ANA. I really feel fine tho. Would elevated ANA be a result of 3 years on the arimidex?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. no, arimidex/anastrozole doesnot cause elevated ANA. May be its a coincident that you develop lupus when you are on medication. Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok