Does Allopurinol cause itchiness and rash?
User rating for this question
I am having a terriable itch and rash. Have you had anyone that is allergic to allopurnol.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allopurinol can cause itch and rash Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query One of the side effect of allopurinol is rash, these rashes tend to be itchy. It is part of a hypersensitivity syndrome. I strongly recommend that you stop the drug, please continue antihistamine and lotions. A safer drug which provides the same effect of allopurinol is Febuxostat, please approach your physician with my recommendation I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
Follow-up: Does Allopurinol cause itchiness and rash? 54 minutes later
How long will it take for the allopurinol to leave the system after stopping?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later
People also viewed
- Lots of blood and clots from penis
- Allopurinol breathlessness
- Pregnancy blood clot in mouth
- Loosing blood clots when pregnant
- Enlarged spleen women
- Blood clot lower leg spazm
- Upper endoscopy with mac
- Treatment of ergotism
- Does allopurinol cause itchiness and rash
- Blood clot urine men polyps
- Enlarged supraclavicular lymph nodes symptoms
- Does allopurinol cause liver damage
- Erythema multiforme and lupus
- What causes tingling on hands and legs when on allopurinol
- Is rash a side effect of allopurinol?