Do titanium implants cause stomach migraines?

I have had two knee replacements , some time ago and since then I have developed what is called stomach migraines. This may sound silly but is it possible for my body to be allergic to titanium implants
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is quite uncommon to have reaction to titanium implants , only case reports are there regarding this . Generally people get allergy when there is corrossion of titanium and that occurs in dental implants mostly rather than knee ones . Titanium is used in implants because it is biocompatible . So it is very unlikely for you to have a reaction from titanium and that too in knee implants . Take care. Dr. Shruti