Do not ejaculate when having orgasm. Taking Rapiflow. Reason for ejaculation problem?

Question
Hi, 2 weeks ago I had to go to the hospital due to my prostate, I could not pee. At emergency room they put a bag on my leg that I kept for a few days until the Urologyst gave me a medication called Rapaflow. I am taking them and so far I am doing good, but the problem when I have an orgasmo, I don;t ejecalute and I am worry now. Can u tell me why? please and what should I do?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Rapaflow contains silodosin, it is in a group of drugs called alpha-adrenergic blockers. Silodosin helps relax the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate.
Contraction of vas deferens and related organs which result in ejaculation are coordinated through alfa receptors, alfa receptors can inhibit ejaculation.
I advice you to see the urologist and discuss with him, these drugs are useful in providing treating prostatic hyperplasia, I advice you not to stop the drug on your own.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.