Do anti perspirant roll used on beard cause baldness in the area ?

Hi, About six months ago whilst using an anti-persipirant roll on near to my neck, I by accident got some on my beard, and after a few weeks I noticed a bald patch on my beard, where the black hairs had turned white. I have been advised that the hairs should be plucked out as they are damaged. However could you advise the best way to recover the hair. Another small spot has also appeared on the beard, where the hair has turned white. Thanks
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 9 hours later

Thanks for the query .

This change in hair color followed by the creation of a bald patch is expected to resolve on its own with time , give it a couple of months and you will notice hair growth completely

There are many preparations available in the market , like ROGAINE applications , which are meant to accelerate growth of the scalp hair.This has not known to cause growth of facial hair .

Hence I suggest you give it time for the hair to grow naturally , meanwhile avoid using any chemicals , or after shave lotions , etc till the hair grows back as they may interfere with hair growth

Meanwhile I suggest you take a dermatologist opinion on the graying and check for any further reasons for the same

You may take multivitamin tablets to keep you in good health , which may help in faster hair growth.They are also known to prevent premature graying of hair.

I hope I have answered your queries. I will be available for follow up queries as well.