Dizziness with panic attacks. CT scan showed polypoidal mucosal thickening in maxillary antrum

Question
i ve been dizzy long time ago,so went to doc and asked for ct scan for paranasal sinus,the report of sinus said polypoidal mucosal thickening in maxillary antrum.mildmucosal thickening involving ethmoid air cells.both ostiomeatal units are compromise thickening .my doc prescribed rocephin injection.i want to know if this sinnusitis cause that dizzness because i started to have panic attacks
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Causes + treatment of dizziness

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ms XXXX, ,

Good Day to you.

I am Dr.(Col) R Karanwal, M.D. (Internal Medicine) volunteering to assist you.

I can fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through and thereby, take this opportunity to fully address to your query.

* You have not clarified since when have been suffering from panic attacks; whether dizziness occurs only during panic attacks or even without associated with them.

* Nevertheless, dizziness spells are common during panic attacks.

* Dizziness can also occur with chronic sinusitis.

* If dizziness is part of panic attacks, anti-depressants + anxiolytic drugs will control panic attacks and associated dizziness.

* However, dizziness due to chronic sinusitis, will continue to recur until sinusitis is fully cured. Daily steam inhalation, regular anti-histaminics, nasal decongestants and mucolytic agents can be of significant benefit to the sinusitis.

I would therefore recommend that you discuss the matter with your ENT doctor who will know what is best for you.

* On the other hand, a Psychiatrist will prescribe most suitable medicines for treating panic reactions.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal