Dizziness, vomiting sensation, diarrhea, weakness, painful, no appetite

i have just currently went to UK,colchester , i had a meat and salad on plane then after 2 hours i had a glass of water from kitchen sink then after 4 hours i went to have potato and chicken , at the first bite i self dizzyness and stong aurge to vomit then to went to toilet had a weak diarrhea i slept then woke up on morning i had an egg i felt the same thing but a bit weaker feeling so i endure and finished now after 12 hours im having srong rumbling sound and a bit of pain , weak diarrhea and no appetite

please give me a wide range of medicne names and effective
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 12 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

From the history provided it seems that you might have had a episode of food poisoning either due to bacterial overgrowth or due to bacterial toxins.

In absence of fever, and systemic symptoms, toxin mediated diarrhea might be treated with anti motility drugs.

Abdominal cramps are due to excessive intestinal contractions and will subside soon. If they are intolerable, then you may need Pepto-Bismol (Bismuth tablets) to control the cramps. In addition proper rehydration with oral fluids will help to prevent dehydration.

In case, you develop fever, and severe vomiting, then you may need to be treated with antibiotics to treat the bacterial infection. In such a case, visiting your doctor at the earliest and taking the medications as advised will be helpful.

I hope the information provided here is helpful.

I shall be available to answer any follow up questions, or any doubts that you might be having.