Dizziness, fainting, vomiting. Taken cannabis. Side effect?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My son has just had what he called a "whitey" after taking cannibis whilst he was out.
While he was talking to me he just suddenly keeled over and went pure white in the face. he fell back over a chair which broke his fall a lot. i think hit his head a bit.

He woke up pale, feeling woozy and took some sugary drinks and sweets which he says is the normal treatment. He then vomited.

His colour has come back and he says he feels ok. Is this ok or what should I do.

Worried parent.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Since the nature of substance he has taken is not known, it is difficult to predict its effect on the body.
The symptoms he had are suggestive of an extreme hypotension which has caused dizziness and fainting. Vomiting is also common after taking cannabis.
These are all short term effects and usually wear off on their own once the concentration of drug in blood decreases.
Now since he is feeling better you can give him plenty of fluids orally and a cup of diluted white vinegar to hasten the removal of drug from the body. Ask him to take XXXXXXX breaths and not to indulge in such activities in future.
If any symptoms like blurring vision, palpitation, dizziness, etc return then you must attend an ER for further evaluation.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.