Discomfort on upper right abdomen. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
i am experiencing a mild discomfort on upper right abdomen for a month or so and in the last week a bubbling sensation on my upper left abdomen (reminds me a bit of the bubbling sensation you get when you are pregnant. any idea what could be causing this?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Dyspepsia or excess gas in the stomach Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query, I suspect you might be suffering from dyspepsia or indigestion. Dyspepsia is a mild discomfort in the upper abdomen probably due to poor food digestion or malabsorption. In most cases, it occurs after you must have eaten and should be considered serious if other symptoms present besides the discomfort. Indigestion may be triggered by: - Drinking too much alcohol - Eating spicy, fatty, or greasy foods - Eating too much (overeating) - Eating too fast - Stress or being nervous - Eating high-fiber foods - Smoking tobacco - Drinking too much caffeine - Other causes related to other diseases conditions. If indeed you are suffering from indigestion, then they are a series of measures you can take at home in order to get rid of this. Changing the way you eat may help your symptoms. Steps you can take include: - Allow enough time for meals. - Chew food carefully and completely. - Avoid arguments during meals. - Avoid excitement or exercise right after a meal. - Relax and get rest if indegestion is caused by stress. Avoid NSAID or take with full stomach. Antacids may relieve indigestion. How ever, if this persist or aggravates, do make sure you see a primary care physician to get your examined and maybe provide you with an appropriate treatment. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah
People also viewed
- Are hoarseness or sore throat symptoms of gerd?
- Can a cold or burning feeling be due to frostbite?
- Can possibly mild redness be due to cradle cap?
- Can leukemia cause persistent fatigue, weakness?
- Discomfort in upper abdomen to chest
- What are the symptoms of postpartum depression?
- Abdominal ultrasound hernia
- Pain in center of abdomen what could be the reason
- What could cause a discomfort feeling in the abdomen
- What could be the reason for discomfort in chest
- Abdominal hernia pain relief
- Sharp left abdominal pain pregnant
- Discomfort lower right abdomen
- Symptoms upper left abdominal pain
- Radical abdominal hysterectomy