Discomfort in left testis. Taken tavanic. Ultrasound showed mild dilated prostate and seminal vesicles

Jul 2016

I have had a sense of discomfort in my left testis 3 weeks ago when i masturbated and stopped before ejaculation. This happened 2 times in a row and I felt pain in my testis but I thought its congestion. Few days later the pain was intense in the left testis-left loin and tip of the penis and sometimes in the anus. I though it could be a renal problem or prostatis and started Tavanic oral. I had a urine analysis was normal. Renal ultrasound showed mild dilated prostate and seminal vesicles. The pain was less for a few days but again it started to shoot in my testis and loins and all my left side and the thigh and anus. I went to an XXXXXXX he couldnt examine me because of the pain but he said its could be epidydmorchits versus a small hernia. I had a testicular ultrasound/doppler showed bilateral epidymorchitis and minimal fluid collection in both sacs. I started taking Levofloxacin 500 mg per day and IM rocephin with NSAIDs. Now its the 4th days after antibiotics, but I still have a dull aching pain in the left loin and testis. It is not as bad as the first attack but it is painful and uncomfotable and increases after I shower. I had this problem 3 times n the past 2 years but always thought its congestion or some renal gravel and went away on very short course of antibiotics. This time its the worst. I wonder if this diagnosis of epididmorchitis is reasonable (I have doubts wth the doppler as the dr didnt seem very good). Is there a possibilty of a hernia Do I need CT scan Is it normal that i still have pain after 4 days of antibiotics Why is it recurrent and why is it related to masturbation
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 hours later
Brief Answer: IDiagnosis of Epididymoorchitis is correct. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and reports that you have posted it appears that you have repeated episodes of Epididymo-Otchitis over a period of last three years mostly due to fact that it has not been eradicated completely. The pain that you have in the loin and thigh is either due to traction over dilated testicular vein which drains in renal vein or due to referred pain along the innervation of Genito femoral nerve. The collection of fluid around testicles is reactionary fluid due to inflammation of testicles and epididymis. Please note that Epididymo Orchitis takes long to time to get cured and one has to take appropriate antibiotics for minimum period of 6-8 weeks to eradicate it completely. Please get your urine and semen culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to ..Continue taking Leofloxacin along with anti inflammatory medication twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute . I do not think you need more investigations like CT scan etc. Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions .I shall be happy to address the same. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Discomfort in left testis. Taken tavanic. Ultrasound showed mild dilated prostate and seminal vesicles 6 hours later
Thank you Shall i do cultures while im on antibiotics? Regarding semen culture im afraid that ejaculation might worsen the pain and inflammation. Please advise
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You can do urine culture even non antibiotic. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. You have been taking antibiotic just for 4 days can do Urine culture . As regards semen culture it will help us in getting proper direction as far as dilatation of seminal vesicles reported on scanning is concerned to rule out seminal vesiculitis. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.