Discomfort around penis after hand job, red marks. No discharge or pain. What is it?

Question
i had a rough hand job and sex from a woman about 3 weeks and had discomfort around my penis head for about 5 to 6 days also noticed a red XXXXXXX right under the head of penis almost looks like a raw type of spot i have no pain during ejaculation or when i pee and no discharge does this sound like a std?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Radhika 51 minutes later

You are experiencing discomfort and red marks around your penis following sex. You do not have any discharge or pain during ejaculation.

If you had unprotected sex with a person with unknown sexual history you should get examined for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) like syphilis, AIDS, gonorrhea, Chlamydia. Normally in sexually transmitted diseases other than AIDS there will be discharge seen in the first 3 weeks following sex. Though it might not be due to STD, it is always better to do the tests to be on the safer side.

There is also a possibility that it could be due to Balantis. In this there will be inflammation and redness on the head of the penis, followed by itching and pain.
It commonly occurs following sexual intercourse.

The main aim of treatment is to keep the head of the penis and foreskin clean and dry. This should prevent infection and thus complications.
You should keep the area clean by washing with warm water. Do not use soap as this may irritate the area. A no soap cleanser such as aqueous cream may be used if desired, and then it should be rinsed off.

After washing, dry the area thoroughly. Apply a 1%hydrocortisone cream to the area.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any follow up queries.

Regards.