Disc herinatiin, pain radiates to calves and feet. Have arthritis, cervical disc, fibromyalgia, insomnia and chronic fatigue. Advise?

Question
Disc herinatiin l4l5 s1, left more than right, pain radiates to calves and feet k not candidate for surgery due to amount of arthritis, cervical disc disease, fibromyalgia, unable to sit or stand for any length of time. IBS six to eight times a day. Spend most of my time in bed on back with pillow between leg with less than two hours for church on Sunday. Didn't longer one Sunday and was escorted home in so much pain i couldn't undress myself, take myself to bathroom or put to bed. Not to mention insomnia and chronic fatigue. My entire life has changed, but accordingly notenough to obtain disability from social security. I had to leave a well paying sedentary professional position where accommodations were made for me. What else do i need to show severity of impairment. I am 52, with extended work history and hv suffered for over ten years with condition worsening over time. Please advise
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

First, I would like to share my deepest concerns for the pain you are going through.

The conditions you have, present with pain as their main symptom unless addressed with surgeries to correct the defect unfortunately which is not an option in you.

I see you are medicated well for the type and intensity of the problem you have.

I suggest you can go for few more noninvasive methods of pain management like Nerve stimulation by a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator (TENS) or a deep heating technique with Ultrasound.

Both above are effective modalities in illnesses like you have. You can consult a Physiotherapist for the above.

Though the methods take time to show a response, they do help you on a long term basis.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Disc herinatiin, pain radiates to calves and feet. Have arthritis, cervical disc, fibromyalgia, insomnia and chronic fatigue. Advise? 13 minutes later
Physical therapy, TENS have been utilized as well as lumbar injections on two different sessions and eight injections each time. Currently using homeopathic therapies currently and in past which utilizes IV middle and back that's and injections. Kin your medical opinion do you consider my impairment disabling on their own or in combination and under what medical laying.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 hours later

Since your symptoms are subjective and are not measurable I do not think that you can be considered to claim benefits of disability social security. Also to qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must first have worked in jobs covered by Social Security.

I recommend you to visit your nearest social security office where the Medical officers can examine you and determine whether you can claim the benefits.

Use the below link to find your nearest social security office

WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Disc herinatiin, pain radiates to calves and feet. Have arthritis, cervical disc, fibromyalgia, insomnia and chronic fatigue. Advise? 1 hour later
I have lifting limitation no more than five lbs. No reaching, pulling or pushing or twisting or stooping. Positional change from sitting no longer than two hours; limited standing. IBS with bowel accidents if not near bathroom. Thirty five year nonstop work history, the last twenty for in legal setting sedentary salary position

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Well, there are many qualities considered to determine the eligibility for such security.

Do visit the nearest security center. Hope you will be helped there.

Wish you good health.