Difficulty in focussing eyes and dizziness. Normal MRI report. Possible causes?

Infertility Specialist
I have been on and off for months getting light headed and dizzy and cant focus my eyes. Have had a MRI nothing came up. Can go for a week fine then have a bad day.

What can this be.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.
Light headedness and dizziness with blurring of vision can occur due to a variety of causes like refractive errors, anaemia, high or low blood pressure, hypoglycaemia and anxiety. I would suggest the following:
a.     Consult an ophthalmologist to get a refractive error ruled out.
b.     Further, a consult with a general physician so that a complete evaluation can be done. I would want the following to be done:
•     Blood pressure needs to be recorded
•     A complete blood count needs to be done to rule out anaemia. A blood glucose level would also be required.
•     An assessment for anxiety and stress also needs to be done. In the meanwhile, you can try XXXXXXX breathing exercises and yoga to reduce stress
I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available for follow up queries.