Did P24 combo hiv1.2 and abs and hiv test few days after exposure. What should I do next?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Dear Dr,
I did the P24 compo hiv1.2&abs&hiv test after 31 days.
It is enough or I should do more tests?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV Combo test for both P24 Antigen and antibody test is more sensitive and specific.
As it contains P24 Antigen test which will be more conclusive after 3-4 weeks and as you had the test after 31 days it is enough to know the HIV status of an individual. It is highly reliable and no further test may be necessary.
Good luck to you to have a Negative HIV test.
Dr S.Murugan.
Follow-up: Did P24 combo hiv1.2 and abs and hiv test few days after exposure. What should I do next? 1 hour later
Thanks doctor..
The result is negative..

That is mean this result is final ?
No need more tests after 3 months or 6 months as some people said?

Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Hi, Welcome back.

Yes. You are absolutely correct. When your Combo HIV test is negative after 31 days, it can be taken as final and conclusive. No more test is necessary afterwards.
You can relax and have a great day.
Dr S.Murugan