Diarrhea, stool with mucus, CAT scan showed impacted rib cage, had congestive heart failure. Was the stool contagious?

Our mother passed away a week ago. She had constant diarrea. Her last stool had rice like pieces along with mucus. She was impacted up to her rib cage according to the cat scan. She also had congestive heart failure.
What do you think the rice like pieces were and do you think they were contagious?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

No. Do not worry at all about anything contagious. Your poor mother was impacted and had overflow incontinance. This is a common enough phenominin in older, sometimes bedridden, people. I am so sorry.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.