Diagnosed with scheuermanns disease. X-ray shows spine is normal. Is it postural kyphosis or scheuermanns?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I went to 3 different physiotherapists and they all told me right away it was scheuermann's disease that i have, just from visual examine my back. I then went to my doctor and got some X-rays taken.. He then told me that my spine was normal, and that it was nothing to do about it.. But I'm not convinced.. is there really nothing to do? i am going to the gym 4-5 times a week, and have no pain in my back only when i sit or standing long periods of time.. My bak is flexible and i can lie down with completely "straight back" on the floor.. So i want to know is it "postural kyphosis" or scheuermann´s?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
I have seen all the images attached.
There is some evidence of end-plate irregularities and disc narrowing at the thoracolumbar junction, but no significant vertebral body wedging.
This is more consistent with postural kyphosis rather than Sheuermann's disease.
Since there is no lower back pain, there is no need to worry. Improvisation of the body posture will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with scheuermanns disease. X-ray shows spine is normal. Is it postural kyphosis or scheuermanns? 17 minutes later
Thank you for your answer.

I have trianed for several years trying to fix my posture but nothing is helping, I've also got hyperlordosis due to the kyphotic posture.. So just to make sure, there are no signs of deformities in the x-rays, that will cause the kyphotic posture., but it is simply muscular and posture related? And can you measure the degree of curvature?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes . There are no signs of deformity in the X-rays. The problem is only posture related. One needs to have the actual film to measure the angle. By looking at the film, the angle is not more than 40 degrees.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.