Diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms. Taking rivaroxban. Suggested to use clexane. Suffer diarrhea. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
I have recently been diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms, I have been talking rivaroxaban but have now got gastro and the haemotoligist told me to use clexane if I couldn't keep the tablet down. I vomited and had diarea, and wasn't sure if I had kept it down so I injected clexane. Since then I had a hot shower and blew my nose and a mucusy clot blew out of my nose. Like the size of a ten cent piece. Help!
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Change the dosage of Clexane

Detailed Answer:
You had nasal bleed and you are on Injection Heparin.
This nasal bleed is a very common complication of using heparin.
You need to relax, Press your nose breath through your mouth, bend forwards.
be in this position for 10 mins. If possible put a ice pack.
Then see that bleeding stops and if it still bleeds go to the Emergency room.
Then you need to consult your doctor who has prescribed Clexane. And need to get done blood investigations like Complete blood count, Bleeding Time ,clotting time And Prothrombin time.
You dosage of clexane needs to be set.
After the bleeding stops completely you need to put normal saline sprays in nose and neosporin ointment for local application in nose.
Get your blood pressures checked and keep them under control
Do not scratch your nose
Eat vegetables and avoid constipation.
Prevent yourself from dry winds and dust.

Get well soon
If in doubt do reply