Diagnosed with primary biliary cirhosis. What will my skin and eyes return to normal color?

I have been diagnosed with primary biliary cirhosis. What will make my skin and eyes return to normal color and
how do I reduce the swelling in my feet and ankles so I can wear shoes again instead of sandals?
Will I ever wear heels again?Will the swelling ever go down?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Swelling is from fluid retention.

Detailed Answer:

Swelling if feet and ankle is considered to be a dependent edema.

Their are different cause that may lead to an swelling.

1) Gravity induced fluid collection.
2) kidney issues.
3) liver issues. (primary biliary cirrhosis.)

But in your case it seem like primary biliary cirrhosis is a culprit.

It will go away once the liver come back to its normal capacity for producing the protein.

Mean while here are few things what will help.

1) Taking water pill (lasix) will get rid of fluid (but being prescription only drug you will need a prescription from local doctor . Due to current laws I am not able to provide you with prescription online)

2) reduce water intake.

3) Reduce salt intake.

4) Elevate you feet with help of 2 pillows while sleeping or resting.

5) dip your feet in warm water about 10 min ever 4 hours to increase blood supply.

Thanks for the query, please feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.