Diagnosed with papillary sarcoma behind breast. Information on this type of cancer ?

My mother-in-law was just diagnosed with papillary sarcoma behind her breast. I'm having trouble finding information on that type of cancer.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Papillary breast cancer is the tumor of old age and is a slow growing tumor. Lymph node involvement is late and surgery is mostly able to remove most of the tumor.
Usually surgery followed by local radiotherapy to chest and local lymph nodes is curative.
Chemotherapy and hormonal therapies are given in cases with lymph node involvement. These do reduce the risk of relapse in long term. The grade of tumor determines the need of any further treatment.
5-year survival rate after the treatment is more than 95%.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.