Diagnosed with optic pit in left eye. Having blurred vision. What would you recommend in order to have better vision?

Ophthalmologist
Question

This is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX , Age 27 years from Ranchi. I have been diagnosed with OPTIC PIT in my left eye a few years back. The details are as follows:

It started in year 2000 with blurred vision but the reports showed vision 6/6
in the year 2006 the vision was 6/24
further, in 2011 it was 6/36

Sir, kindly give your kind recommendation. I am really looking forward for a better vision .
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You probably have serous detachment of macula

Detailed Answer:

Optic disc pit is a congenital condition and are usually asymptomatic unless complicated by serous retinal detachment involving the macula, because of entry of subretinal fuid from the optic pit.

The treatment is by laser photocoagulation applied at temporal disc margin to prevent the entry of subretinal fluid from optic disc. Non responsive cases require surgery in the form of vitrectomy and gas tamponade.

Since the treatment involves procedure, it is essential that you visit an eye surgeon and plan the aforementioned treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with optic pit in left eye. Having blurred vision. What would you recommend in order to have better vision? 1 hour later
Where in india it can be treated with best doctors?

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sankara nethralaya, Chennai, L.V XXXXXXX Eye Hospit

Detailed Answer:
Your condition needs to be treated by ophthalmologist specialized in vitreoretina. Sankara nethralaya, Chennai, L.V XXXXXXX Eye Hospital, Hyderabad & Bhuvaneshwar, R.P. centre All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai & Coimbatore are some of the well known hospitals with availbility of all the facilities in India.
Thank you