Diagnosed with multilevel DDD and have cervical stenosis. What does effacement of the anterior CSF mean?

Spine Surgeon
I have been diagnosed with multilevel DDD, worst at C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7 with effacement of the anterior CSF space. I understand I have cervical stenosis, but I don't understand what effacement of the anterior CSF means.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
pressure on the cord due to bulging disc

Detailed Answer:
Effacement means the bulging disc touching front surface of the spinal cord. Compromising the cord space at that level. If possible please upload mri images.
Whats the main complaint? Neck pain ? Arm pain? Tingling in the hand?
Please get back with above information. Thanks