Diagnosed with macular traction. What will happen if I don't take any treatment?

PLease advise on macular traction of the eye. I have been diagnosed with this condition in my right eye. It is recommended that I have a vitrectomy- but no guarantee as to vision restoration. what's likely to happen with no treatment?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Total retinal detachment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query, Macular traction might progress to total retinal detachment if not treated at earlier stages Total detachment might cause total complete loss of vision. But if vitrectomy done at early stage then peripheral retina will be spared. The chances of some amount of vision might be possible if vitrectomy is done. Hope it is helpful Thanks