Diagnosed with kawasaki virus. Not having skin rashes. Worrisome

My ped said my daughter has Kawasaki virus because of her high fever for days and it's going around. My concern is that she doesn't just have skin rashes she has blister like bumps all over her hands feet butt and mouth. I just read that Kawasaki is not blister like. Worried mom
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I would agree with you that Kawasaki's does not usually cause a blister like rash usually. However, in certain cases , particularly in children, Kawasaki's can cause a maculopapular rash and other types of rash as well. To make it simpler for you, I am giving you links of places where you can find images of what all can Kawasaki cause:
So I can reasonably reassure you that your pediatrician would be giving you the correct advice and you should be assured that your daughter is in good hands.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help