Diagnosed with jock itch. Treating rash with clotmirazone. Can I swim in salt water?

Hello, I have been diagnosed with jock itch at the top of my leg. I am currently treating the rash with Clotmirazone and another prescription anti-fungal cream with seriods in and have been treating it for 5 days now.

I am about to go on vacation to Crete, XXXXXXX and I wanted to know if it was ok if i can go swimming with it in a salt water swimming pool and in the sea. It is being treated and it will be covered up. Is this ok? will the infection spread and get worse?

Many Thanks
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
It seems that you are having a mild fungal infection which is easily treatable with topical ointments. Going for a vacation and swimming in a salt water swimming pool is not likely to aggravate the problem. Just be careful to wash the area with fresh water immediately after you come out as salt water might irritate the raw skin if there is any.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.