Diagnosed with hypothyroid. Noticed clusters of red spots on breast, abdomen. What are these?

Jun 2013
I noticed a cluster of tiny red spots yesterday morn' on left breast.This morning I noticed same on right breast.I had one tiny spot,only one,about two years ago which has grown to the size of half of eraser.I have noticed several more of larger spots on breasts and have more tiny spots on abdomen in the last month or so. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid 6 months ago which had gone undiagnosed for over 2yrs.,due to weight gain of 50 lbs.,from 125lbs.to175 lbs..I have never been over 130 lbs.ever, I am 58 yrs. old. My Mom was diagnosed with low Thyroid when she was doing blood work after being diagnosed with breast cancer.I thought I was out of the woods with breast disease because she was pre-menopausal when she was diagnosed.Oh I just remembered I have tiny spots on lower left leg as well.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 4 hours later
Hi there ~

The cluster of tiny red spots need to be examined by a dermatologist. While it may be easy to suppose what it may be on a forum like this, it is easier to get a diagnosis and sure shot answers as to how you might benefit from treatment by visiting with a dermatologist. I hope this works. I also think that you should start yourself on a mild soap wash that has antibiotic properties and keep the are clean till you visit with a dermatologist. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!