Diagnosed with fibro. Developed fluid filled puffy swelling close to joint. How to get cured?

My girlfriend was diagnosed with fibro two weeks ago by a rheumatologist. Her pain management doc of 7 years told her she doesn't have fibro. She did take Cymbalta for 3 days and then quit. Her pain management doc said to check back in with him in two months. Since that time she had developed fluid above and below joints and in large muscle areas with puffy swelling closer to joints. Now white splotchy skin on arms, legs and small raised red pimple type bumps in a few places. Palms red around perimeter and red spots on middle of some toes. Bruising where swelling has been. Dark areas under each eye, one worse than the other. Thanks for your response.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 11 hours later

I need to know a few things about her problem to be able to address her concerns better.

- Does she have pain in most areas of the body?
- Does she have fatigue?
- Does she get a refreshing sleep?
- Apart from the skin rashes you described, does she have any symptoms of depression or anxiety?
- Any tests that she has undergone?

Please get back to me with these and I will be able to help.

Awaiting your reply...