Diagnosed with epilepsy. Getting weird feeling of being disconnected with head. Worrisome

I have been diagnosis and dealing with epilepsy for 6 yrs although no seizures for 4. I went to see my dr about some weird feelings i have been having pretty much i feel disconnected from my head. My dr scheduled tests and they came back normal so she said I was fine it will go away. But it hasn't what can i do now?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 54 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The weird feeling of being disconnected with your head isn't any condition or disorder but they are just feelings. You had screening done for everything that are also normal. you might also be using antiepileptic drugs which also causes such symptoms. It is suggested to wait and observe as it is most likely that the feelings will go away by itself. And for epilepsy when a patient is symptoms free that is do not have seizures for 5 continuous years then he is declared epileptic free and the drugs are stopped.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask