Diagnosed with epididmiytitis. Have pain in testicles. Guide

Jul 2016

Hi, i was diagnosed initally with epididmiytitis and then another GP said i didnt have that. I;ve had an ultra sound and he said i had varicose veins on the testicles...but i have had cloudy urine for 5/6 months, i have dull ache in the testicles which has gone after 4 weeks of antibiotics and and also ache and pain in my groin...the antibiotics all helped but now i feel as though it may all be coming back, i also have a funny feeling in shaft and tip of penis. I have been to the gum clinic and all was clear.

Just adding to this the antibiotics i have had are amoxicllin and too other types of similar antibiotics. Again all worked slightly but after a month off and never stopping of cloudy urine i can feel the dull ache back and strange feeling (like a groin strain) in my groin
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
cloudy urine since last six months and discomfort in the groin.

You have done Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and your family physician has suspected it to be a Varicocele.

Varicocele can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified urologist and on Colour Doppler study of scrotum.

As your symptoms have subsided after taking antibiotics it suggests that it is due to infection mostly of epididymis.Looking at the nature of Urine which is cloudy it is due to chronic infection of the Prostate (Chronic Prostatitis ), this explains the reason for discomfort in groin.

Please consult qualified Urologist for digital rectal examination and clinical assessment and get following tests done as per his advice
1) Routine Urine Test.
2) Urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to
3) Colour Doppler study of scrotum to rule out Varicocele( which is most unlikely to be.)
4) Microscopic examination of a drop of discharge to find out and confirm the infection of a prostate and the nature of organisms.(Urologist will help you in getting the discharge by doing prostatic massage).
Normally it takes 2-3 days to get the reports of culture test.
In the mean while continue taking antibiotics that you are taking now along with anti inflammatory medicine and switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with epididmiytitis. Have pain in testicles. Guide 6 hours later
The ultra sound did state i have varicoele, but didnt pick up anything else also i had an xray which didnt show anything. I am not currently on any antibiotics as am awaiting another appointment with my GP but contacted on here as the seemed a bit lost last time and thats why the sent me for ultrasound etc.
The only time i lost the cloud urine was when i was in the middle of antibiotics and then soon after it soon came back!
I have had several urine tests at the GP surgeery where they check for infections, diabetes etc and they all come back clear.
Does it all still point to epididmytitis and a prostate infection?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for follow up.
Yes I still suspect it to be infection of Genito Urinary tract Prostatitis with epididymitis and would suggest to consult qualified urologist or clinical assessment and get the tests which I have suggested earlier done . It will definitely help to establish diagnosis.
Thanks and Regards.