Diagnosed with chlamydia. Treatment for speedy recovery?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I am positive for chlamydia and really want to cure it asap to fill better and the Doctor only prescribe pills and I can't swallow them I need a liquid can you help please
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 50 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

I suppose you are taking doxycycline pills. It is sometimes problematic to swallow this but treatment lasts only for 10 days and you should take this antibiotic as there is no alternative. But, there are forms of this drug such a syrup, or a suspension (liquid) so ask your GP or pharmacist is it available in your place.

Also, pill can be crashed in small pieces and then swallowed with water.

Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with chlamydia. Treatment for speedy recovery? 27 minutes later
I was prescribed with Azithrommycin but I can't swallow them. Are you sure I can crush them and have the same effect.. I want my health to be better asap
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 minutes later

Azithrommycin can also be found in those forms I have mentioned. You will feel better after few days of antibiotic treatment.

You can crush it but try not in too many pieces. Try to drink it with yoghurt or applesauce as it can make this easier. There is a possibility of intravenous injections but I don't think you want this. So just be patient and relaxed and finish antibiotic treatment properly. You will be cured after this and then just need to use adequate preventive methods and you wont be infected again.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with chlamydia. Treatment for speedy recovery? 44 minutes later
I really hope if I crush the 2 Azithrommycin tablets that it will work for me. I wish the doctor could prescribe me a liquid suspension. I thank you very much for all the help you provided me with it was very helpful and you seemed to care for my health and concern. Thanks once again
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later

I am glad I was helpful.

Tablets will work for sure, just it could have bad taste after crushing.

Wish you quick recovery and don't forget review.