Diagnosed with anemia, on livogen. What should be the dosage for future use?

Dec 2012

Dear doctor
I am 23 years old female having problem of anemia and my hemoglobin level before one month was 11.8 . I am on Livogen for last one month. This is to request you to advise me on doses of Livogen to be taken in future.
Regards XXXXXXX phanse
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

According to your hemoglobin reading of 11.8 I do not think you should be worried at all as values in women of more than 11 can be considered normal and I will advice iron supplement inly in case you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. LIVOGEN FC-captab contains ferrous fumarate 152 mg, folic acid 1500 mcg which is sufficient enough to maintain a single daily dose for about 1month then recontrol. The cause of the anemia could also be identified by your doctor. The cause may likely be heavy or prolonged menses or if that is not the case then other investigations should be done to identify the cause.

Best wishes and wish you the best.

Dr. Nsah