Diagnosed with a posterior temporal lobe cavernous malformation. What should I do?

Neurologist, Surgical
I have been diagnosed with a posterior right temporal lobe cavernous malformaion, 2x2cm per MRI. I want to go to Stanford hospital because of their expertise in this type, but my insurance is not letting me go there. I am being referred to Dr. Andrews here in San Francisco. I am not sure what I should do, since there is no mention of Dr. Andrews fixing cavernous malformation.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 4 hours later

I am really sorry, it would be difficult for me to comment on surgeon's expertise level as I do not know him personally.

As you have been referred, he should be able to fix the problem. But, ideal thing would be to XXXXXXX your referring doctor. He should be aware of Dr. Andrews profile. So kindly discuss with your primary care physician or the referring doctor.

I hope, this information helps you.

Get well soon.