Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with a bladder infection. Having severe pain vaginal and anal area. Normal?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I was diagnosed with a bladder infection Thursday. Have had a standing scrip from my doc. Starting taking Wednesday. Doc confirmed infection thurs. now having throbbing pain vaginal and anal area along with sensitive (chaffing feeling) along underwear line. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 22 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Yes, this is normal for uroinfection. You need to wait for at least 5-7 days till antibiotics start working. But there is something you should know. You must be sure that there is no pelvic and reproductive organs infection. So if you notice any kind of vaginal discharge,bleeding, fever >100, chills or pain progression you should visit gynaecologist for further tests, ultrasound and inflamatory markers. If you dont experience such symptoms just finish antibiotics and I am sure it will be fine.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help