Diagnosed with MS and on wheel chair. What are the symptoms of MS stage 4?

what are the symptoms people who have MS stage 4 ? I just found out a friend has stage 4 and is in a wheelchair. i am going to contact her but wish to be somewhat educated first at what I should expect.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
multidisciplinary approach, rehabilitation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

I am sorry for your friends condition.
Multiple sclerosis is a condition which affects white matter in brain. inflammatory distruction of insulating cover of brain. Its a progressive condition, and as such there is no complete cure for it.

These are few symptoms:
Loss of sensitivity or changes in sensation such as tingling, pins and needles or numbness, muscle weakness, very pronounced reflexes, muscle spasms, or difficulty in moving; difficulties with coordination and balance (ataxia); problems with speech or swallowing, visual problems (nystagmus, optic neuritis or double vission), feeling tired, acute or chronic pain, and bladder and bowel difficulties.

Your friend needs multidisciplinary approach by a neurologist, ophthalmologist, psychotherapist, emotional support and rehabilitation exercises.

Hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.