Diagnosed with HER positive tumors. Given tamoxifen and herceptin. Suggest effective medicine

Oncologist, Surgical
I had a cocktail of drugs given iv following diagnosis of HER 2 positive receptors. I can remember some of the drugs given then . Tamoxifin Herceptin but I can't remember the other drug. Can you help?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 36 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your breast cancer diagnosis. For HER positive tumors, chemotherapy usually consists of Herceptin, Taxanes (paclitaxel or docetaxel) and/ or Adriamycin/ Cyclophosphamide.
There are many regimes for breast cancer chemotherapy but these are most commonly used drugs.
In addition you must have been given tamoxifen, which is hormonal treatment and it is to be continued for 5 years.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask any other query.

Rohan Khandelwal
Breast Surgeon