Diagnosed with GAD. Failed to change the needle of glucose monitor before pricking. Will this create trouble considering the glucose monitor has multiple users?

Psychiatrist
Question
Anxiety help Hello doctor
AM 30 year old Was diagnosed with GAD on Cipralex Since 2003 ..today I was Checking My brother glucose Random where I Prick MySelf after word am not worried about my brother Status but The Glucose Monitor was Of friend of Mine but I remeber Changing the needle but I Still panic And doupt that I didnot ... what should I do . I nearly spended My life worrying...
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Hello.........
Thanks for your query. I understand that you have an anxious temperament and also on SSRI drug for GAD. I would like to reassure you that even if you had failed to change the needle, as long as your friend does not suffer from a contagious disease it is perfectly fine. It also appears that even in that case no fresh blood was present on the needle. Hence do not worry and be relaxed. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar