Diagnosed with Crohn's disease, had endoscopy and colonoscopy. Chest bone, back and shoulders hurts. Normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was just recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease today I had a endoscopie and a colonoscopy I am in a flare with Crohn's disease. Now that I am home my chest bone hurts very bad my back and shoulders hurt very bad on the lower right side of my stomach is having a lot of pain. Is this normal after this procedure
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Crohn's Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 days later
The pain that you are having is likely to be a muscular pain which is commonly seen due to the effect of the anaesthetic agents used. This is usually a self limiting symptom and is likely to subside in next 7-10 days.
Till then you can take a mild pain killer and do a hot fomentation or take a hot bath to get the muscle spasms relieved. The pain on the lower side of stomach may be related to the procedure carried out. Do take a soft and easy to digest diet with plenty of fluids orally for next few days. This should also subside with over the counter anti spasmodics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.