Diagnosed with Cirrhosis. Recommended a transvenous liver biopsy to determine it auto immune disease. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, my mother has been diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the liver. To determine if it is an auto immune problem, the doctor has recommended a transvenous liver biopsy. My mother stays in Mangalore. I want to know the following
- Is this a complicated procedure that should be done in specialized hospitals in Bangalore? If yes, can you recommend a couple of good hospitals?
- How much does a transvenous liver biopsy cost approximately?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in

Transvenous Liver Biopsy is a sppecialized procedure and is safe in expert hands

Yet it is always advisable to perform it in a specilized center

You can call the local yellow pages and find out the appropriate hospital in Banglore

Charges varies from center to center

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern