Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with Balanoposthitis of the Penis. Prescribed DOXT and Surfaz SN ointment. Also taking Rosuvas. Safe?

I have been diagnosed with Balanoposthitis of the Penis.I have been prescribed DOXT 100mg twice a day after meals & Surfaz SN ointment to be applied locally.I would like to mention that I am taking two Psychiatric medicines Cipralex 10mg once in the morning & Zapiz 0.25 mg. 1/2 tab each in morning & afternoon & One tab at night.I am also taking Rosuvas 5 mg in the morning as well as Remilyn D at night.I wanted to know wether DOXT will interfere with the exsisting medications.I also wanted to know wether the ointment has to be applied on the penis under the foreskin. Regards-XXXXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DoxT usually safe with present medication

Detailed Answer:
Dox-T is usually safe, and it is very unlikely that you will use it for a prolonged period and therefore it is unlikely to interfere with present medication.
You can use Surfaz cream after retracting the foreskin over your glans penis, and please take care after you have finished applying to replace the foreskin properly, fully covering the glans.
If you have significant difficulty and inflammation of glans and foreskin is persisting despite medication, and you are not a diabetic, and your blood sugar levels are controlled, you might require circumcision to prevent flare up of balanoposthitis.
Hope I have been able to help you.