Diagnosed as HIV positive, have not received treatment. What are my chances and do I still have time?

hivIf i was diagnosed hiv positive a year ago and i still haven't recieved treament what's my chances and do i still have time.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 14 hours later
Hi Dear,

hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS /HIV is caused by Human immunodeficiency virus.

It belongs to retrovirus family.
Unfortunately there is no curative treatment available at present in world for HIV infection.

However many new highly Active Anti retroviral(HAART) drugs are available in market.
If taken under proper medical care these drugs can prolong the life by 15 -20 years.

You can start with treatment even if 1 year has lapsed after diagnosis.

Proper nutrition ,supportive treatment and Anti retroviral treatment can prolong life by as much as 15 years or more.

As the HIV medicine advances in few years from now we may have curative treatment.

My advise to you would be to visit your physician and start with Anti retroviral treatment as soon as possible.

There is nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of .Many HIV positive people are leading
a normal and productive life all over the world.

Be positive in life.