Diagnose with andro genetic alopicia. Which specialist should I consult?

hi i have been diagnose with andro genetic alopicia kindly suggest whom to consult what is the remedy of this severe hair fall problem
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

You seem to be having female pattern baldness, which is due to a hormonal cause. Due to various conditions such as polycystic ovarian disease etc often the level of male hormone testosterone increases in a female body and causes hair loss.

It starts with widening of the central parting.

You will have to be under the supervision of a dermatologist and an endocrinologist

They will advise blood tests to confirm the level of hormones and will advise that you take anti androgens like Tablet cyproterone acetate, which will help in correcting the hormonal imbalance.

In addition, you can apply minoxidil lotion twice a day to the scalp, which will promote hair growth.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.