Diabetic, told to have kidney problems. Had blood and urine test. Cause for kidney problem?

Have been told I have kidney problems. Doing a 24 hour save my urine study now. I am a diabetic, been one for almost 10 years. Blood test and urine test at doctors office yesterday. What is going on?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You might be having Diabetic Nephropathy

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam ,

Thanks for reverting back.

Well looking into your problem I see that you are suffering from diabetes since 10 years so there is a very likely possibility that you might be having diabetic nephropathy .

For this a complete kidney function test , urine for microalbumin, urine 24 hour protein is done . Your treating doctor has ordered investigations for its evaluation.

Wish you a good health .

Dr. Shruti