Diabetic, having difficulty in erection and ejaculation. Remedy?

I am Diabetic Patient and i am 33 years male.I have a problem in Peneies errection and after sex completion sprems are not comming
pls provide a solution
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Follow-up: Diabetic, having difficulty in erection and ejaculation. Remedy? 1 minute later
My Cock is not erecting properly and Sprems are not producing after sex completing
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Cause for erectile dysfunction is multifactorial apart from DM, psychological factors also have an enormous influence. Anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem and paranoia about sexual failure are estimated to cause ED cases. First we need to rule out if the erection problem is due to diabetes or other psychological reasons in a young male. A Urologist / Psychiatrist are competent to do that.

Now if we discuss about the key point of diabetic male with erection problems. The causes of erectile dysfunction in men with diabetes are complex. Diabetes can damage the blood vessels and nerves that control erection. Therefore, even if you have normal amounts of male hormones and you have the desire to have sex, you still may not be able to achieve a firm erection.

Other co factors associated with DM like overweight, smoking, taking too little exercise and other lifestyle factors may also contribute to erectile dysfunction.

It is been estimated that about 35%-75% of men with diabetes will experience at least some degree of erectile dysfunction. Men with diabetes tend to develop erectile dysfunction 10 to 15 years earlier than men without diabetes. Duration of DM also play a role.

Men with diabetes having trouble with achieving and/or maintaining an erection can take oral medications.

I advice strict control of the diabetes, regular monitoring of blood sugar and regular exercise and healthy diet.

Regarding semen that might be your subjective feeling. You can go for semen analysis which is performed in most of the pathology lab.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.