Diabetic, fasting blood sugar is elevated. Taken medicine and insulin. Level not coming down. Suggest?

Sir we are staying in Ranchi-Jharkhand. My mother is a diabetic patient and currently she was asked by our doctor to move on insulin as the fasting and PP was in the range of 350-500. Inspite of taking med and insulin the sugar level is not coming down and she feels restless all day. Can we get an appointment from a good diabetologist in Ranchi so that some immediate remedy can be sought?you can reply me at YYYY@YYYY or call me at 0000. Awaiting your early response sir.
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 52 minutes later
Your mother has long history of diabetes.
Hyperglycemia is a very important problem is a patient with long standing diabetes.
This may be due to
1. Increased insulin resistance (More insulin may be required)
2. Treatment failure to Oral hypoglycemic drugs.
3. Complete pancreatic Beta cell destruction.

It is important the control hyperglycemia and keep the blood sugar under control to prevent complications like cerebrovascular accidents, heart attacks, renal and retinal problems.

Irritability is due to hyperglycemia.

You can contact Dr. XXXXXXX dhandhania at Orchid Medical Center at Ranchi for diabetological consultation for your mother.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.