Diabetic and have boils in groin area. Antibiotics didn't help. What medicine to use?

I have type 2 sugar diabeties and have been suffering for months with boils or cysts in my going area. I have tried many types of antibiotics, however, nothing seems to work. I work hard at trying to keep my diabeties in check. Can you give me the name of a good antibitoic that might actually help
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can't prescribe antibiotics online. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW for your health query, I can understand your concern and frustration. In a case such as yours, I would strongly recommend a consultation with a dermatologist or a surgeon along with a diabetologist. If I understand you correctly, you have difficulty controlling your blood sugars, and you have recurrent boils in the groin region and have tried many antibiotics for the same. This complicates your situation further. Diabetes itself is a major risk factor for chronic, non healing ulcers and recurrent skin infections, and with repeated use of many antibiotics, you might have made the bacteria stubborn, meaning, the bacteria might have developed resistance to the antibiotics. Now, I do not know what antibiotics your have taken earlier for the issue and for how long and how frequently. Also, how recent was your last antibiotic therapy. All these add up to the bacteria becoming resistant. In which case, the first and most important thing to do would be to get a culture and sensitivity test done of the pus/discharge from these boils. I do understand that I am not giving you the answer which you are looking for, but I am just helpless without the adequate knowledge about your condition and it is quite frankly not the right thing to do. Hence I urge you to make those consultations and get the test done. Once we know what bacteria it is and what antibiotics will work on that, we should be able to decide on the right antibiotic, otherwise the whole exercise will be futile. I apologize for not giving you what you have been looking for, but I do hope that you will understand the reason behind it. Please do write back if you need any clarifications. Wishing you all the very best. Kind regards,